Proudly presented by BCPS Canada and Crop King Seeds
From Castlegar (YCG) – Take hwy 3 west for 1 hour over the Selkirk Mountains and past Christina Lake. Total time from Castlegar airport is 1 approx. hour
From Kelowna (YLW) – Take hwy 33 south for 1.5 hours, when you arrive in Rock Creek turn east on hwy 3 for 1 more hour. Total time from Kelowna airport is approx. 2.5 hours
From Spokane (GEG) – Take hwy 395 north to the US Canada border, clear customs and proceed north from the border for 10 minutes, when you arrive at hwy 3 turn west for 15 minutes. Total time from Spokane airport is approx. 2.5 hrs
Grand Forks, population 3,985, is a city in the Boundary Country of the West Kootenay region of British Columbia, Canada. It is located at the confluence of the Granby River and Kettle River, a tributary of the Columbia. The city is just north of the US-Canada border, approximately 500 km from Vancouver, British Columbia and 200 km from Kelowna, British Columbia and 220 km from Spokane, Washington and 23 km west of the resort area of Christina Lake by road.
Grand Forks was established in the late 19th century when copper mining dominated Boundary and Kootenay regions of BC. The city was laid out in 1895 and Grand Forks was officially established as a city on 15 April 1897. The adjacent City of Columbia was incorporated on May 4, 1899. By 1900, Grand Forks boasted three railways, lumber mills, a smelter, mines, a post office, a school and a hospital. Grand Forks and Columbia amalgamated in 1903.
In both 1908 and 1911, fires leveled the downtown core, mainly due to the number of wood frame buildings and stores. Between the years of 1909 and 1913, a group of pacifist Russian immigrants known as Doukhobors settled in the area because of the fertile farm land. Today, many residents of Grand Forks are descendants of the Doukhobors. In 1991, the CP Railway Co. abandoned the railway through Grand Forks and the former right of way became part of the Trans-Canada Trail. Over the years, Grand Forks has continued to expand in size and now has around 4,000 residents, with another 10,000 in the area. (Source, Wikipedia)